Duct Tape Beach Bags
Duct Tape Beach Bag
13-gallon garbage bag (or zip lock sandwich bags)
*Colored duct tape (we used purple and white)
Marker or pen
Yardstick or measuring tape
Optional: cotton cording
1. Turn the garbage bag into a large sheet by cutting along one side seam and the bottom seam.
2. Tape the sheet flat to your workspace and draw a 16- by 30-inch rectangle on it. Cover the rectangle with slightly overlapping strips of purple and white tape (or any color combo you like!)
3. Cut out the tape rectangle and flip it tape-side down.
4. Fold over the edges on the short side and tape down. If you'd like, you can place a piece of cotton cording down first, then fold over.
5. Fold the rectangle in half and tape up the sides. If you used the cotton cording, tie the ends together to create a drawstring.
6. Create handles by taping two strips of tape together and taping to the inside of the bag.
*Look for colored duct tape at Walmart, Michaels, etc. You can also find cool patterns like camouflage, zebra and leopard.