Featured Craft: Story Trunks
This trunk is easy and sooooo much fun to make. I was worried about the shoe polish at first, but it's really not too messy. It can stain clothes however, so be sure to use a smock.
Tea Box (celestial seasonings-type of box or some other kind of box)
Brown Shoe Polish (use the kind in a tin, NOT the liquid)
The following are optional
1. Cover the box in masking tape. You will probably need several layers. The top layer should be made from little pieces of tape.
2. Apply small amounts of shoe polish to the box using the paper towel. Cover the box with the shoe polish until it resembles leather.
3. You can use black paint to create "straps" on the box. (You can also color more tape with a marker and attach it to the box).
4. Decorate the box with metal brads and button.
5. Use markers and scissors to create travel stickers from the masking tape and attach them to the box.
Optional: Attach Velcro to the box so it stays closed.